The Angel Christmas Fair is an annual affordable art and design fair featuring the work of various artists and designers. The event will take place in December 2018 and will comprise all creative disciplines; painting, photography, illustration, fashion, textiles, jewellery, glass, ceramics and furniture. The Angel Christmas Fair provides the opportunity to buy directly from contemporary artists and designers. Enjoy mulled wine, mince pies & Christmas cake from the gallery.
Saturday 8th December – Sunday 9th December (11am-6pm)
Preview Evening: Friday 7th December (5-9pm)
2sqm – £250
2m x 1m floor space – 1 back wall at a height of 2.4m and width of 2m These stands have 3/4 inch wood back walls.
4sqm – £500
4m x 1m floor space – 1 back wall at a height of 2.4m *
2m x 2m floor space (two walls at a right angle) – 2.4m high These stands have 3/4 inch wood back walls.
6sqm – £750*
6m x 1m floor space – 1 back wall at a height of 2.4m
3m x 2m floor space (two walls at a right angle) – 2.4m high
*These stands are around the outside of the gallery and the walls are brick, wood or plasterboard.
Applying & Selection:
Individual and joint applications are welcome. Information about all artists applying to share a stand will need to be submitted in one email. Exhibition space can be booked for as little as £250 (subject to selection). To apply for a stand email email@example.com with the following:
– Full name and address
– Trading name (if applicable)
– Contact telephone number
– Email address
– Graduating year (if applicable)
– Up to date C.V.
– 6 images with description (ie. title, size, media, price)
* Images should be sent in jpg format at 72 dpi no larger than 1MB
Please write ‘ACF 2018’ in the subject line of your email.
The gallery will be open from 4-9pm on the Thursday and from 12pm – 4pm on the Friday for setting up. (Please note the preview evening starts at 5pm on the Friday evening, all stands must be ready before the start of the private view).
A single yellow line applies on Torrens Street. Please note parking is extremely limited. Weekdays: Free parking between 6.30pm-8.30am
Saturdays: Free parking from 1.30pm onwards
Sundays: Free parking all day
*Please remember you cannot park on double yellow lines or the pavement at any time.
Metered parking can be found on neighbouring streets. The N1 Centre on Upper Street also has a small car park (http://www.n1islington.com/footer-pages/parking).
The central stands will comprise of 2 white painted boards at right angles. The boards are 3/4 inch thick and 2.4 metres high (actual hanging width is 1.8 metres). Work can be hung from screws or mirror plates.
The outside wall space is either brick, wood or plasterboard. We strongly recommend that you use screws instead of nails when screwing directly into the board. Hammering nails runs the risk of damaging work on the other side of the partitions. If you have a brick wall you will need to drill holes and use rawl plugs.
Spotlights are provided but you can bring your own (LED only)
Allocation of stand spaces will take place the week of the fair and exhibitors will be notified upon arrival. If you have specific requirements please provide details in your application.
You will need to provide:
1) Fixings for a wooden back board (1/2 inch thick) if your booked area is 2sqm as well as plasterboard and brick walls if your booked area is 4sqm or 6sqm.
2) Any tools that are needed to apply fixings.
3) Long extension leads for electrical equipment (recommended 4m).
4) Tables, plinths and chairs if these are unavailable.
5) Promotional material, business cards etc.
Tables, Plinths and Chairs
1) There are limited tables available for hire at £5.00 (inc. VAT) each per day. Reservations will be strictly first come first served.
2) There are limited plinths available for hire at £2.40 (inc. VAT) each per day. Reservations will be strictly first come first served.
3) There are limited chairs available to use free of charge. Please ask at reception for availability on the day. It is advisable to bring your own chair where you can.
There is limited storage available on site. Access will be limited to storing packaging only. Artwork, prints or personal items cannot be stored as there is no access to storage rooms while the fair is open to the public.
Candid staff will be present throughout the fair, however each exhibitor is responsible for their own stand and insurance of their goods. It is a public event, please keep personal belongings safe and close.
Exhibitors are not permitted to pack up early as this disrupts the fair and other exhibitors. All work must be taken down and removed on the Sunday evening between 6pm and 8pm.
Candid does not take a commission on sales, however a credit card service is available at a commission of 5%. Cheques for sales through the credit card machine will be posted to artists the following week minus the 5% commission.
A bubble wrapping service is available during the fair.
Previous Fairs included the following:
- 40,000 leaflets distributed to relevant venues throughout London, door to door delivery around Islington and on-street distribution throughout the fair.
- Posted and email invitations to our extensive mailing list including galleries, art buyers, business and general public.
- Banners on Torrens Street directing visitors to the fair.
- A3 posters put up in businesses around London and posters in kiosks around Islington. Promotional flags on key spots around Angel Tube.
- Listings in national and local art magazines, newspapers including Time Out and the Guardian Guide.
- Promotion on websites and blogs.
- Extensive social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter.
- As an exhibitor you will receive 50 private view invitations for you to distribute to your mailing list. You will also receive 3 posters to place in your local area (additional invitations and posters available on request).
Terms and Conditions:
- You warrant that you are either the sole owner of the copyright of the work and all items comprising the work, or you have written permission of the owner of the copyright for the work to be used in this exhibition and for its use by Candid Arts Trust and the use of any photographs, transparencies or slides of the work, or part of it, as we see fit, in publicising the exhibition.
- You also warrant the work will contain nothing obscene, blasphemous, libelous or otherwise unlawful and will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
- You will keep Candid Arts Trust fully indemnified against all losses, and all actions, claims, proceedings, cost and damages (including any damages or compensation paid by Candid Arts Trust on the advice of its legal advisors to compromise or settle any claim) and all legal costs or other expenses arising out of breach of any of the above warranties or out of any claim by a third party based on any facts which, if substantiated, would constitute such a breach.
- Please note deposits are non refundable for successful applications. If the booking is cancelled within a month of the fair commencing all of the stand fee will be retained.
- Artists cannot sublet their space or any part of it to another party without prior permission. Joint applications are possible providing the work is passed by the selection committee.
- Each exhibitor is responsible for insuring their own work during the exhibition and during transit of the work.
Should you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your enquiries in our office hours (Mon-Fri 10am-6pm).